yakfishing

Author Topic: Horrible weekend!!!  (Read 2184 times)

Offline Yakster

• Yakmaster
  • Jackson Cuda 14. Hobie PA 14
Re: Horrible weekend!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2015, 09:24:25 AM »
Ya but for 650 you got some memories out of it....
you could alway slap a comment on the BBB. 
Even if he's not a member they still can help spread the work and basically badger thd guy to clean up his act.

Yakfisher

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2015, 09:24:25 AM »
yakfishing

Offline MoneyMike

• Yakmaster
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2015, 09:09:43 AM »
lol it was 650 for the weekend plus tax per hut the 250 is weekday fare.

Offline The Red Rocket

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • Don - Hobie Outback
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 05:45:48 PM »
Is this outfit really operating on Lake Rosseau in Muskoka? Get the Port Carling vigilantes out, Fishbait.

The website shows an overnight capable hut for $250 a night. Did you pay that, Mike? You could build one for the price of a weekend rental.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 05:47:31 PM by The Red Rocket »

Offline MoneyMike

• Yakmaster
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 12:16:23 PM »
I guess i was reluctant to post because as I said I was warned against using them.  It was primetimeicefishing so if you were thinking of using them you to have been warned...I should also say this was the most expensive outfitter we have used as well so save yourself a few bucks have a better experience and go to nippissing.  If you are looking for an outfitter there I would be happy to recomend one that I would gladly use again!

Offline efliper

• Yakfisher
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 08:25:58 PM »
Nice to know that there is a horrible outfitter out there
But with out the name you are not saving any one from making the same mistake
Plz post

Offline Mead55

• Yakfisher
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 06:12:32 PM »
After reading your story on this outfitter my question is why would you not post the outfitters name??? saving other anglers from making the same mistake of renting huts from this guy. If he doesn't show concern for his customers he shouldn't be in business.

Offline The Red Rocket

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • Don - Hobie Outback
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 11:32:10 AM »
Yikes! Why not call the OPP about the CO problem - may prevent serious injury or even death sometime in the future.

Offline MoneyMike

• Yakmaster
Horrible weekend!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 11:05:46 AM »
After years of subpar fishing and liver killing on lake Nippissing with several outfitters (most of whom i would use again).  I decided after moving a hour down the 401 that I would try to find a lake and outfitter a little closer to home.  Full disclosure I was warned against using the outfitter I chose...but it was the only one I could find that rented bungalows closer to home. 

For those who fish nippissing you may know that limits are smaller than they used to be and have changed again this year.  Not really much of a problem for me but the guys do like a fish fry.  We have caught at least one descent walleye every year and numerous perch but this year we were off on another adventure on a different lake.

I wont name the outfitter because quite frankly I am just going rip on his setup.  We were catching small lakers (1 each) 1 descent laker and one big ling that hit sometime in the night and wrapped up everyones lines.  So fishing was slow to say the least.

What made the trip horrible was the huts....we normally have 4 guys per hut this year we were unable to find an 8th and one of the other guys had a family emergency so we were down to 6. Still there was not enough room in the huts to sit around and play cards drinking once the sun went down.  This is perhaps the best part of the trip and we were not able to do it:(  One hut had a rotten floor and while noone went through the floor I am still suprised at that!  Both huts it seemed had spray foam as vital structural integrity components.  The hut I stayed had reinforced bunks which was good, they did say that 190 lbs was the max for top bunks they meant it! If our 7 man showed up i think he may have crashed through.  The other hut was very leaky as spray foam is not a sealant, though it was used that.

The most disconcerting part of the trip was when we first walked in and saw the propane heaters.  We were told to keep a window open for carbon monoxide they weren't kidding!  If we had been able to drive on the ice Im not sure I would have stayed and it is pretty bad that we were joking both mornings that someone should go check the other hut.  Also I guesse you could say that too much beer and having to get up to pee could have been a life saver.  I may be being over dramatic but i dont think so this was by far the worst ice trip I have ever been on and the feed back i received was that no matter how good the fishing was I was not to book in with that outfitter again.  I actually felt guilty I asked the others to pay for the trip.  Hopefully if you have yet to plan your trip you will have a better time and head out on Nippissing!

Cheers,

Mike

yakfishing