yakfishing

Author Topic: Planning to stay in the cottage by the lake at Hali?  (Read 3485 times)

Offline The Red Rocket

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • Don - Hobie Outback
Re: Planning to stay in the cottage by the lake at Hali?
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 08:59:12 AM »
Bump. Still 3 rooms left.

Yakfisher

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 08:59:12 AM »
yakfishing

Offline The Red Rocket

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • Don - Hobie Outback
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 11:33:55 AM »
3 rooms reserved, 3 left.

Offline The Red Rocket

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • Don - Hobie Outback
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 05:24:53 PM »
I've responded to your email, Philly.

Offline Mead55

• Yakfisher
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 03:59:40 PM »
Thanks Don I have sent you a e mail, I have asked for a cute blonde or red head as my roommate, 36, 24, 36 and I will be bringing venison sausages for the BBQ. PHILLY

Offline Jeff

• Old Salt
    • Nomad Adventures
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 11:00:33 AM »
Thanks a lot Don for helping out with this!

Offline The Red Rocket

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • Don - Hobie Outback
Planning to stay in the cottage by the lake at Hali?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 11:59:06 AM »
Soooo ..., because I'm going to sell Le Chateau Red Rocket next month I contacted Ken at Kashaga to reserve a room in the cottage, one thing led to another, and, long story short, he recruited me to be booking agent for the 6 br cottage down by the lake. Here's the deal:
  • Just to make it absolutely clear to everyone, I'm not making a single cent out of this.
  • There are 10 beds in the cottage and the total cost is $645 altogether for the Friday & Saturday nights, so it's $64.50 for each bed for the 2 nights (you cannot book just 1 night unless you arrange it yourself with someone else).
  • If you've booked for the Friday & Saturday nights Ken has agreed to allow you to come early and stay the Thursday night for free if you wish.
  • A sketch of the cottage layout appears below. The lake is to the south. I've taken the room with a double bed only at the southeast corner. All of the other beds are currently available. There's a bed in the games room (the 11th bed) that will be the last to go if someone wants it and doesn't mind the lack of privacy.
  • If there happens to be any surplus money it will be donated to Jeff as general revenue for the OKFS
  • You can go on a priority list for whatever bed(s) you like without paying but to guarantee your bed you must email transfer me $20 per bed (non-refundable, unless the event is cancelled). Whoever pays first gets first choice. If you're alone and book one of two beds in a room you may end up getting a roommate you don't know. Final payment will be at the event - cash only, please.
  • If not all of the beds are used (unlikely, in my opinion) we'll just have to split the $645 by the number of beds taken so your bed may end up costing a bit more.
  • It is my intention to hold a completely voluntary opt-in pot luck dinner Saturday afternoon/evening. It's open to everyone attending the tournament and all you have to do to participate is bring something - if you don't bring anything I apologize in advance for not allowing you access to the dinner (after all, fair's fair).
  • Please let me know if you intend to participate in the pot luck. If there's not enough interest we'll just cancel it.
  • One problem I've observed over the years with pot luck dinners is that people contribute too much food so I'm asking each person to just bring enough of one dish for, say, 3 or 4 people to make a full meal of your contribution. That should be more than enough food.
  • I was in Haliburton at Christmas and the Chinese food restaurant that catered the dinner last year has closed down so that's no longer an option.
  • I hope Philly had a successful hunt last fall.  ;D

So just let me know if you want a room and whether you want to pay up-front or not. I don't want to have to over-manage this thing so if you haven't paid I won't inform you if someone wants your bed and sends money. It's all pretty simple. My email address is dgw136@gmail.com

« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 12:26:02 PM by The Red Rocket »

yakfishing