yakfishing

Author Topic: A newbie intro  (Read 3805 times)

Offline Adam

• Administrator
  • Old Salt
  • Site Owner - Outback LE #280
Re: A newbie intro
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 09:27:11 PM »
Welcome Rob!  Nice yak selections.  I'm sure there will be a few folks here who could benefit from some Lowrance tips.

Yakfisher

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 09:27:11 PM »
yakfishing

Offline Dent Guy

• Junior Yakker
  • Rob - Cuda 12 - Lowrance Pro Staff - Niagara Falls
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 08:21:20 PM »
Thanks,

I got a Cuda12 for myself and a Moken 10 lite for my kids. 

Offline fishbait

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • Hobie Fishing Team. Muskoka
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 08:17:19 PM »
welcome Rob look forward to meeting you at this years events...what kind of yaks did you get?

Offline Dent Guy

• Junior Yakker
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 08:03:18 PM »
I live in Niagara Falls for the past 6 years, grew up in Mississauga and spent 5 years in Trenton.

Offline Mike B

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Yakmaster
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 07:57:58 PM »
welcome aboard 8)...where are you from Rob?

Offline Dent Guy

• Junior Yakker
A newbie intro
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 07:45:12 PM »
A big hello to everyone!

Just picked up my first Yaks on Sunday, then I registered for this board yesterday and so here I am today saying hello.  My name is Rob aka Dent Guy.  I've been fishing since I could walk but usually from a boat or stream side.  I've paddled a few recreational kayaks but never fished from one. I have fished from a canoe and did enjoy it but can definitely see the advantages of a SOT kayak, so I went and bought two, one for myself and one for my kids to share and take turns coming fishing with me or a friend could use it if the wanted to try it out. 
I've got a pretty solid grasp on the whole fishing thing ( not that I'm adverse to learning more) but I'm hope that I'll be able to learn a lot about the kayaking component on this board and hopefully meet some great people to get out on the water with.   
Maybe in turn I can be a resource for those with Lowrance Electronics or questions about them as I have enjoyed a long time Pro Staff relationship with Lowrance and would be happy to help anyone one with any questions they may have (keeping in mind that I am just a pro staffer and don't in fact build them myself or carry much weight in the design of the product)
Anyway I'm super excited to get going, to get my new yak out and just paddle it around a bit, get it a little stinky with the first fish slime and get my yak all tricked out.   Being new to the kayak side of the sport I welcome all and any words of wisdom from those who have been there, done it and have scars to prove it!  Your success and your buddies failures  ;) tell me what I need to know.  Thanks and look forward to following what everyone has to contribute on this board. 

Leave the swim'n to the fish's and tight lines to everyone!

yakfishing