yakfishing

Author Topic: Mad River Synergy 12  (Read 26549 times)

Offline k4l3

• Old Salt
Re: Mad River Synergy 12
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2009, 11:54:03 PM »
Day tripper paddle ???I have a tsunami, seems to work good....
this paddle...  You probably seen it in every outfitter including Canadiantire.
http://www.carlislepaddles.com/product/kayak_paddles/day_tripper.aspx
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 11:59:07 PM by k4l3 »

Yakfisher

« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2009, 11:54:03 PM »
yakfishing

Offline k4l3

• Old Salt
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2009, 11:52:15 PM »
my paddle right now is a day tripper also i have never had a problem

One of the lightest paddles I've ever owned. Very efficient for the price.

God Bless,
Don
For the price the Daytripper at 37oz probably is at the heavies weight end for a kayak paddle unless it was made out of wood.  It is the lowest price paddle most outfitter sell at $40-50 and usually free if you ask the right dealer to throw one in.

Have a free daytripper from first yak purchase too, work fine for me too but upgrade to carbon/fibra shalf/blade for couple reasons after paddling couple seasons.  
New paddle was just $150 on sale, $100 more then $50 Daytripper if you purchased one.  Didn't go crazy and buy $400-500+ 22oz full carbon.  Think 27oz carbon/fiber paddle is upgrade enough for me.
-10oz lighter over so over 4 days 40km+ paddling save on a lot of weight per each stroke and energy.  10oz might seem not much weight but paddling all day you will notice the different.  
example:  10oz x per 1000 stroke is about 600lb "16oz=1lb" less energy need to for paddling.  Can reach 1000 paddle strokes easy after couple km or couple hours paddling.
-stiffer paddle in rough waves for more efficient strokes, you will notice the different heading into 30km wind and 3feet waves.
-shaft is warmer in colder weather/water without having to wear paddle gloves which have couple sets but can't always wear while fishing.  April/may or oct/nov wet cold wind weather makes aluminum shaft pretty cold.

shop around, I did, walked into a outfitter and owner gave me 30% off on last angler blade paddle in stock, same discount on paddle in couple weeks at his store demo day but gave it to me couple weeks earlier.  Told him I was going to Algonquin and was looking for a more efficient paddle for the trip same weekend of his demo day, which was true.   Now with the recession and spring demo/clearance sales deals are out there, am looking to upgrade PFD next and hopefully can get one from one the outfitter on the way to Algonquin.  Light/smaller/highback pfd from CT pfd purchase on sales couple years ago.

Offline livinglegend

• Junior Yakker
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2009, 11:14:27 PM »
Day tripper paddle ???I have a tsunami, seems to work good....

Offline smallmouth

• Old Salt
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2009, 10:07:35 PM »

One of the lightest paddles I've ever owned. Very efficient for the price.

God Bless,
Don

Offline pure

• Yakfisher
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2009, 09:01:56 PM »

Offline k4l3

• Old Salt
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2009, 08:26:03 PM »
alright so after talking to a local ocean kayak dealer i can get a ocean trident kayak with seat and paddle for $1000  or a floor model for $899 you guys think this is a good deal?

don't you already have a paddle, they probably going give u a daytripper?  If so save you money because most ppl upgrade there paddle like I did.  Doesn't the flood model come with a seat? if no why not?

Offline JT

• Yakfisher
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2009, 08:20:33 PM »
For that price grab it!! That's a deal. I've got a 13' Prowler that I paid $850 for without a paddle.

Offline joco

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
    • joco@yakfisher.net
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2009, 04:04:23 PM »
yep that a deal.

900$ no tax and the paddle and the seat..the paddle and seat is at leat 125$ min plus the tas only is 125$ i would guest you could save a 300$ at least.

its nice to shop around still..but that a good price.

but again it as to be the one want...can you try it.? or mabe you did try one before.

joco

Offline Mike B

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Yakmaster
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2009, 03:00:39 PM »
based on the $'s I have seen during my search, looks reasonable to me as well...especially with the paddle and seat and taxes in.  Based on earlier discussions in this post, I suspect you'll be happy with the Trident 13.

Mike

Offline YakDreams

• Old Salt
  • Personal Trainer for Fish
    • YakDreams Kayak Fishing Den
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2009, 02:38:27 PM »
its a 13' and he said for the floor model there would be no tax on it  and he says its on good condition its been on a stand

That sounds like an awesome deal. $900 no tax, including paddle, I'd jump on it.

Neil

Offline pure

• Yakfisher
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2009, 02:16:05 PM »
its a 13' and he said for the floor model there would be no tax on it  and he says its on good condition its been on a stand

Offline joco

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
    • joco@yakfisher.net
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2009, 05:30:34 AM »
what lenght..? off trident...?

how the floor model..realy scratchy.?..casue scratch is noting you will do a lot off them in no time..hahah

tell him same price tax in. ;D..you no you can deal those kayak to...shop around.

joco
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 05:32:38 AM by joco »

Offline pure

• Yakfisher
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2009, 06:06:52 PM »
alright so after talking to a local ocean kayak dealer i can get a ocean trident kayak with seat and paddle for $1000  or a floor model for $899 you guys think this is a good deal?

Offline k4l3

• Old Salt
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2009, 05:48:52 AM »
I wouldn't do it, simply because it sits so low in the water, similar to a typical kayak, therefore it could only be used in calm water maybe with occaisional predictable rough spots. If you ever got caught in the chop like a bunch of us did already this year on biggish water, that boat would have been full to the brim in 30 seconds, and a nightmare to paddle in cause you could never come anywhere near close to pumping it out as quick as it was coming in, unless you had some sort of elaborate multiple electric pumping system.

Neil

You know Neil, I was find until we stop to chat..  maybe 1/2" water from splash but that last big wave as you paddle away got me because didn't see it coming to pointing bow into it filled my foot well, it went all the way over to the right.  Think when you road over it I caught it in the middle and didn't ride on top of it.  Lucky was able to reach my longer pilers in the milk crate to reach scupper because couldn't watch wave, reach forward keeping my weight back so bow wouldn't go any lower. Stabilize was out the window and feet was getting cold with leg over the side to not roll with each waves. Water drain so fast leaning back and paddling forward in a second as each scupper was pull. 

So good point to away play attention to each wave and prepare the yak or yourself for them.

Offline YakDreams

• Old Salt
  • Personal Trainer for Fish
    • YakDreams Kayak Fishing Den
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2009, 04:52:35 AM »
I wouldn't do it, simply because it sits so low in the water, similar to a typical kayak, therefore it could only be used in calm water maybe with occaisional predictable rough spots. If you ever got caught in the chop like a bunch of us did already this year on biggish water, that boat would have been full to the brim in 30 seconds, and a nightmare to paddle in cause you could never come anywhere near close to pumping it out as quick as it was coming in, unless you had some sort of elaborate multiple electric pumping system.

Neil

yakfishing