yakfishing

Author Topic: $3500 and an epic fail....  (Read 3104 times)

Offline wildchef

• Newbie Yakker
Re: $3500 and an epic fail....
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 09:36:04 AM »
I put in a $500 deposit for my 2015 Slayer Propel 10, picked up my yak in late May from them, so far they have been good I even ordered a few more accesories from them. Alex is great he hooked me up with everything I need (since I'm a rookie at yak fishing)

Yakfisher

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 09:36:04 AM »
yakfishing

Offline LSS122

• Newbie Yakker
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2015, 09:26:44 AM »
Peter Demos you should be ashamed :o :o :othis is not the first time this cowboy has kicked someone to the side of the road...I too would complain to your credit card company

Since he paid several months in advance, he is probably SOL. Credit card companies give you a limited time to dispute.

Paid up front...waited for delivery...Credit card company will cover it.  TRUST ME!!  I'm in the processing business.  Only the Card holder is covered 100%.  I had a merchant that represents clients for traffic tickets, they are LAWYERS!!  They had legal documents explaining that they could not guarantee a 100% win, everything that the CC companies require to prove the transaction is legit and still the customer complained to the CC company that he was NOT SATISFIED with the outcome....COMPLETE REFUND!!

Just make the call if you are not happy!!  What have you got to lose.

Offline Vee

• Yakmaster
  • The Outback Commander
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 10:59:36 PM »
Not to beat a dead horse, but why would you pre-pay that amount?

Offline jediangler

• Old Salt
  • Native Watercraft Tegris12 Fish with the Force
    • Jediangler's Youtube channel
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2015, 06:16:19 PM »
I bought my Tegris from Peter at Muskoka Outfitters and was treated very well. The only difference was I called and made sure they had the yak, skirts, Ultimate seat bag and paddle I was looking for before I drove 3.5hrs up there to get it.

Offline Flyfisher

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • John 3:16
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2015, 04:12:12 PM »
I would not have accept the order. They should make this right!
Blessings,

Offline Canuckbass

• Yakmaster
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2015, 03:41:07 PM »
Hope you don't have to deal with them for any warranty issues.
I don't think they've sold to many from there.

I live two golf shots away from store, this is not based on what company I represent but from experiences from friends and clients that have done business in the past. Cottagers are my clients, they rely on my referrals for almost anything in Muskoka... You screw one client and you lose all others business.
Sad to here this happened for sure.
Not plugging Muskoka Paddleshack but they honour a 30 day policy, if unhappy in 30 days you return yak for full refund. (Cheap plug eh?)

Offline dwc67

• Yakmaster
  • Karma....it's only a bitch if you are
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2015, 01:52:38 PM »
oh thats what canuckbass  meant by you will not be able to get warranty because they don't sell many, sorry my bad lol

Offline wink

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • Hobie Fishing Team, Scotty Paddle Prod, Gill
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2015, 01:50:28 PM »
    Yakster is 100% right,  nothing to do with the yaks they paddle/pedal

The fact of the matter is that a fellow YF paid in full ( up front)  and didn't receive the kayak he had ordered.   If it was me I would have demanded the kayak I had ordered and if that wasn't possible in a timely fashion, my money back.    Accepting free and discounted gear to compensate for the dealers mistake is just letting the dealer of the hook IMO

Offline singingdog

• Old Salt
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 01:37:02 PM »
I have always had great experiences with Peter (I'm not affiliated in any way with MOutfitters). Being in the boat business can be very frustrating. If the company sends you the wrong boat, you are basically SOL, since you already paid the shipping/customs and would have to pay it again to return a faulty order. Must have been having a bad day.

Offline Yakster

• Yakmaster
  • Jackson Cuda 14. Hobie PA 14
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 01:18:52 PM »
i bought my slayer propel from them and was happy with the service and my yak. i am putting this on here so people can have other opinions especially one from someone not affiliated with native or there competition   

Peter Demos you should be ashamed :o :o :othis is not the first time this cowboy has kicked someone to the side of the road...I too would complain to your credit card company
hobie

jackson

Don't think these guys are making the statements based on what kayak their in.
They're local to the store and have probably had plenty of contact with people that have had issues.

Im sure that there are more people like you that have had positive experiences there but we just never hear of those ones.

Offline dwc67

• Yakmaster
  • Karma....it's only a bitch if you are
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 12:35:33 PM »
i bought my slayer propel from them and was happy with the service and my yak. i am putting this on here so people can have other opinions especially one from someone not affiliated with native or there competition   

hobie

jackson

Offline Mtmouse

• Yakfisher
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 12:30:16 PM »

Since he paid several months in advance, he is probably SOL. Credit card companies give you a limited time to dispute.

Offline fishbait

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • Hobie Fishing Team. Muskoka
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 11:49:34 AM »

Offline LSS122

• Newbie Yakker
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 10:54:34 AM »
Just an FYI, if you paid any amount on a credit card, you should call you CC company and dispute it.  It is not what you ordered and not what you wanted.  You will get the full credit back.

Offline Canuckbass

• Yakmaster
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 01:52:28 PM »

yakfishing