yakfishing

Author Topic: chinese spectra multi colored braid  (Read 1529 times)

Offline Spyman48

• Yakmaster
  • Click on Globe icon below to see my Kayak Wars.
    • Kayakwars Catches
Re: chinese spectra multi colored braid
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 06:05:38 PM »
I'm not at home to check, but it's 8 strand braid,color is fading some on first two colors after 5 outings, but it is holding up.I've used moss green powerpro and the color faded just as fast. Caught a bunch of fish on it. I really like it. It casts just add well as powrrpro.It was an auction bid, so I got it cheap. I bid max $5 on a bunch of  spools and got lucky on one.I will buy more!

Yakfisher

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 06:05:38 PM »
yakfishing

Offline marvinthmartian

• Yakfisher
  • Fishing is like smoking crack. Only more expensive
    • Birdsnests and bent hooks
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 05:51:14 PM »
That is *dirt* cheap for 500 meters! I currently use a similar line from Daiwa but it sure as heck cost me a lot more! How's the diameter for a 40lb breaking strength? I would doubt that it's really 40lb but even if it's just 30 and the thickness isn't crazy, I'd be tempted to buy some too. Would you mind posting a link so I know what you got exactly? Thanks!

Marvin

Offline Canuckbass

• Yakmaster
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 12:27:21 PM »
I ordered a 500 meter spool of 40 pound test from ebay. Won the bid for a steal $3.58us. I don't know how it will hold up compared to better known braids,but I tried it today and the stuff is awesome. Every 30 feet the line changes color. Perfect for trolling or deep water jigging with out a line counter reel. It's like adding HD to your fishing line.I doubt the color will be as vivid as it is for more then a few trips,but I have enough to respool a few times.

Lots of brands in our market are just rebranded and different packaging.

Offline Spyman48

• Yakmaster
  • Click on Globe icon below to see my Kayak Wars.
    • Kayakwars Catches
chinese spectra multi colored braid
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 03:10:31 PM »
I ordered a 500 meter spool of 40 pound test from ebay. Won the bid for a steal $3.58us. I don't know how it will hold up compared to better known braids,but I tried it today and the stuff is awesome. Every 30 feet the line changes color. Perfect for trolling or deep water jigging with out a line counter reel. It's like adding HD to your fishing line.I doubt the color will be as vivid as it is for more then a few trips,but I have enough to respool a few times.

yakfishing