yakfishing

Author Topic: Virtual fishing tournament  (Read 3970 times)

Offline ScottyB

• Newbie Yakker
  • 2010 Jackson Cuda 14
Re: Virtual fishing tournament
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2016, 05:42:22 PM »
I'd definately participate.

Offline bass bandit

• Yakfisher
  • 2015 outback
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2016, 01:10:11 PM »
Thanks guys. Appreciate you taking the time to post. Will definitely keep that in mind.

Offline wink

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • Hobie Fishing Team, Scotty Paddle Prod, Gill
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2016, 10:47:52 AM »
       I agree with Johnny,    gift cards would be great also, buy what we want.   Also they are easy and cheap to mail out verses bulky prizes. JMO
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 08:59:45 PM by wink »

Offline Rockin_Johny

• Yakmaster
  • Hobie PA14
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2016, 10:43:50 AM »
Bank of Canada = CASH!!

Speaking for myself, and probably a few others, all of the rigging stuff and other prizes we already have.

Offline bass bandit

• Yakfisher
  • 2015 outback
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2016, 09:56:35 AM »
Hey everyone, just to fill you all in I will be sitting down with some reps to help with prizes for top anglers. I'd like to see your feed back on brands or certain products that you use that you have success with or wish you had. Give me some ideas want to try for good quality prizes over quantity. Thanks

Offline Dilligaf0220

• Old Salt
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2016, 11:41:40 PM »
I do miss the year long virtual tourney here.
I agree on the motivation part, I'm not a pic taker so I need that extra oomph to get the camera phone out.  I fish for myself, and I'm greedy so I need the extra input to share :D

Also trying to live decently in Ontario can get frantic, I never know which day I'll have free a week in advance.  I'd prefer a month long derby instead of only a week long.  Mebbe go month to month?

Offline bass bandit

• Yakfisher
  • 2015 outback
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2016, 08:53:51 PM »
Thanks

Offline chickenguru

• Yakfisher
  • Jackson Kayak Cuda HD
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2016, 08:10:41 PM »
Forgot to mention that I voted yes last night

Offline bass bandit

• Yakfisher
  • 2015 outback
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2016, 06:48:59 PM »
Hey guys appreciate all the comments.  the post has had 173 views and only 18 members have taken the poll. Please take the poll so I can see the general interest. Thanks again

Offline chickenguru

• Yakfisher
  • Jackson Kayak Cuda HD
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2016, 06:31:56 PM »
Sounds great. I myself like single species events

Offline Spyman48

• Yakmaster
  • Click on Globe icon below to see my Kayak Wars.
    • Kayakwars Catches
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 11:16:24 AM »
It would be nice to have more of these multi day virtual tournys. I liked the iangler ones that Rich held last year. Why are more guys not interested in these?Cheap to join, fish your own water when it's convenient.

Offline Rockin_Johny

• Yakmaster
  • Hobie PA14
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 10:19:45 AM »
Was thinking of starting a campaign to bring back the old Yakfisher Virtual Derby, but guess let it rest in peace.

Brent ( EEF )

Maybe if that is an offer to run it for Adam then maybe it can be done for next year

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Old Salt
  • Snagglefish, Weeddlefish, Oh Fish-On
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 10:10:15 AM »
Still not too late to do a virtual I-angler bass tourney this year.
Do a September or October bass one or a two week one ?

Those of us doing Kayak Wars have a chance to win a Jackson Cuda 12 during this
September, always nice to have a little extra motivation to get out.

Was thinking of starting a campaign to bring back the old Yakfisher Virtual Derby, but guess let it rest in peace.

Brent ( EEF )

Offline bass bandit

• Yakfisher
  • 2015 outback
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 09:52:06 AM »
Thanks Bob MacKenzie and detention, I appreciate the comment. My main goal is to give every angler the opertunity to participate in a tournament base event even if they cant make it to a lake for a certain time and place. I mainly came up with this because for myself I work a majority of weeks throughout the year. I did consider zoning to make it a more equal playing feild but thought it goes against the concept. So most likely all events would be bass event. But I would add a musky and pike side pot  to keep everyone interested. I'm not trying to go up against any local tournaments. My goal is to keep the buy relatively cheap. Run between 3-5 events. I will be sitting down with some people to get this idea running. Love more feed back from members and please keep voting.

Offline Bob McKenzie

• Yakfisher
  • Scott Canoe feather 11'-4"
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 09:19:43 AM »
Hey Bandit, I voted yes.

Here is a link to some useful information. I tried setting up something up for 2016 but could not get enough interest to go ahead. There some info in there about liability coverage.

http://www.yakfisher.net/smffiles/index.php?topic=10774.msg88468#msg88468

I tried on a couple forums and they got alot of views but nobody really wanted to join a club. What they don't realise is that the club is there insurance, for them and the organizer.

I was really hoping the online Bass tournament that ran all of August 2015 was going to go again this year, I even wiped my entire month of August fishing B.a.s.s so i could commit to several days on my big fish water hoping for some low wind days, shame it didn't happen.

to be honest I'm more of a fan of all bass events, or at least the same species events, all crappie, all pike. Also a fan of doubling up on other events like holding a pike tournament at the same time as the belwood pike derby is going on so you can have an opportunity at both events.

yakfishing