yakfishing

Author Topic: 2017 KATS - Midwest  (Read 1202 times)

Offline Mtmouse

• Yakfisher
Re: 2017 KATS - Midwest
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 06:41:02 PM »
Karen and I might do the Sept 23 event.  Pontiac lake looks interesting at a glance.  How do you guys figure out which lake you are going to fish?
Dave

Roll the dice.

I rolled the dice twice last year on Lake Ovid and it came up craps for me both times.  :)

Offline Dave

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • Coosa, Hobie Outback Woodstock, ON
    • Kayak Wars catches
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 06:38:19 PM »
Karen and I might do the Sept 23 event.  Pontiac lake looks interesting at a glance.  How do you guys figure out which lake you are going to fish?
Dave

Offline boknows

• Yakmaster
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 03:23:34 PM »
I will be competing again in this entire Series...KATS Midwest is growing in a very positive way.  The tourney's are all on good producing water, the prizes last year were above what I expected.  The payouts were big as the events were well attended.  If you are planning on hitting up a series, this is one to definitely put your radar.  Hope to see you out there!!

Offline Mtmouse

• Yakfisher
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 09:38:32 AM »
It was a great series last season and it was nice to see a number of Canadians participate.

Offline PikeCreek

• Selected YF Moderators
  • Old Salt
2017 KATS - Midwest
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 08:27:13 AM »
2017 will be the KATS - Midwest Series (Kayak Angler Tournament Series) 2nd year running in Southeast Michigan.  All events are within approximately an hour of the Windsor/Detroit Border.   In 2016 Ontario Kayak Anglers were well represented in the series with about 8 or 9 anglers at each of the events.

The Border City Classic is part of the series only for points going towards AOY and KOF.

There is no pre-fishing within a week of the event taking away any advantage to locals.
Captains meeting will be morning of for all anglers and results, prizes and awards will be announced and completed by 5:00pm. 

I hope some of the YF members that participated will chime in about the series.

Feel free to ask any questions about the series by replying to this post, and I will do my best to answer them.

yakfishing