yakfishing

Author Topic: Was by Frenchman's bay  (Read 1113 times)

Offline MikeM

• Yakfisher
Re: Was by Frenchman's bay
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 03:53:31 PM »
I didn't take any pictures today, but I swear the piece of ice the 25 or so guys were fishing on was noticeably shrinking.

I'd say the bay is about 50% open now

Yakfisher

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 03:53:31 PM »
yakfishing

Offline evanxrs

• Yakmaster
  • Hobie Pro Angler 14
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 10:37:10 AM »
With this warm weather we could all maybe hit Frenchman for some pike and trout fishing...
Snap some photos and let us know when Frenchman is ice free.

Offline The Red Rocket

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • Don - Hobie Outback
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 09:51:40 AM »
On Angelo Viola's Saturday morning radio show two days ago Wil Wegman said there was only 3" of ice on Simcoe at Big Bay Point (a foot in Cooks Bay). After the very warm weather Saturday and Sunday for sure it'll be ice free which, of course, is very unusual for this time of year. Maybe Mr. Trumpito's wrong and there's something to this global warming rumour.

Please be extra safe. I don't want to hear about any members having an accident and I'm sure your families don't either.

Offline MikeM

• Yakfisher
Was by Frenchman's bay
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 11:55:23 PM »
Was walking the dogs along the lake on the east side of Frenchman's bay yesterday.  I snapped a quick photo of the bay on my phone but it didn't really turn out.  The bay is wide open at the mouth and to the east, and there was a club of people paddle boarding around!!
Equally crazy, a few hundred meters west near the usual hole there were guys ice fishing!

I shouldn't call anyone crazy, I'm sure each group had the proper safe gear and clothing.  Just funny to see people on either side of the coin pushing the limits for their passion.

yakfishing