yakfishing

Author Topic: First time buyer advice  (Read 583 times)

Offline Rockin_Johny

• Yakmaster
  • Hobie PA14
Re: First time buyer advice
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2017, 06:42:53 PM »
I had a 2012 Pro Angler 14 that I converted over to the Vantage seat. It takes a bit of fabrication, but it is possible.

And $800 dollars for the Vantage seat. Easier and cheaper to mod it to use a standard bass boat seat

Yakfisher

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2017, 06:42:53 PM »
yakfishing

Offline Mtmouse

• Yakfisher
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2017, 09:51:17 AM »
I had a 2012 Pro Angler 14 that I converted over to the Vantage seat. It takes a bit of fabrication, but it is possible.

Offline fishbait

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • Hobie Fishing Team. Muskoka
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2017, 05:14:12 PM »
who was it that came up with the seat  strap fix ?????? :P :P :P

Offline Michel

• Yakfisher
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2017, 10:18:02 AM »
Thats a great fix Evan.
Will keep that in mind if my seat ever breaks.
I like the raised hatch as it give me a little table to put stuff on

Offline zzguffy901

• Junior Yakker
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2017, 08:41:07 PM »
Thanks Evan super pumped for the purchase. You are the one who referred me to this site from lsmb and I can't wait to gain knowledge from the experienced guys! Thanks!! 8)

Offline evanxrs

• Yakmaster
  • Hobie Pro Angler 14
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2017, 12:33:45 PM »
Sounds good guys, I'm convinced. It already comes with a trailer as well so I'll be set but will have to customize it myself. Looking for an anchor/holder couple rod holders for trolling for now, any other suggestions are always welcome.

I have a PA14 with the old seat and like it. It is comfortable and does the trick for me. Mine is a 2012 and the thing that I miss is that the hatch between your legs is not flush with the kayak base. I can deal with what I have. Also, my model does not have the lowrance transducer feature protected under the base of the yak.

I think the cost of the new vantage seat along is $800 + with taxes.

I know people who have mounted a boat seat on it and love it. When my seat fails, if it does before I get a new yak, that is what I would do. The only issue I have run into with the seat verision I have is the side strap buckles broke. I came up with a fix that is way better them the OEM design and I am happy with.

Seat Fix:

I can still catch nice fish with my old seat.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 12:34:26 PM by evanxrs »

Offline zzguffy901

• Junior Yakker
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2017, 05:50:57 PM »
Sounds good guys, I'm convinced. It already comes with a trailer as well so I'll be set but will have to customize it myself. Looking for an anchor/holder couple rod holders for trolling for now, any other suggestions are always welcome.

Offline fishbait

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • Hobie Fishing Team. Muskoka
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 05:41:55 PM »
dont worry abt the seat ...webbing was a problem when guys  lowered themselves from standing and over time it wore the webbing BUT just replace it with a nice boat seat and you will be the envy of us all !!!!   thats a great deal demo 2017  pa s at the boat show in January will be way more and also I would  not rush on the trailer  as they tend to appear in the spring in abundance.....

Offline zzguffy901

• Junior Yakker
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2017, 04:13:34 PM »
It seems some people don't like it. I don't have a clue as I've never used it so only your guys opinions are the ones I will go off of. I think I'll take the yak as it's a hard deal to pass up.

Offline Michel

• Yakfisher
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2017, 10:23:20 AM »
OK. I keep hearing old seat????
I have a 2011 PA with an old seat.
What's wrong with the old seat?

Offline zzguffy901

• Junior Yakker
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2017, 09:13:30 PM »
I haven't been able to find anything for under 3000 with a trailer. I'm thinking I ccould get thisbfor $2000 or less. Hard to pass on but the seat is worrisome.

Offline wink

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • Hobie Fishing Team, Scotty Paddle Prod, Gill
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 05:30:30 PM »
Canít up grade to the new seat, itís possible but involves a lot of work and cash.   Some guys have put a boat seat on but not sure whatís involved in doing that.   Up to you what you want to do, the newer PAís have better upgrades the newer they get,  if it was me it would wait for a newer boat as you do have time, trailers are fairly easy to find separately.    Good luck

Offline zzguffy901

• Junior Yakker
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2017, 05:18:41 PM »
Everything checks out nicely but it is an old seat. The serial number said 13 though so not sure. How much to upgrade the seat if possible or is it a deal breaker?

Offline wink

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • Hobie Fishing Team, Scotty Paddle Prod, Gill
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2017, 12:04:05 PM »
On a Pro Angler the SN is on the back on the boat, on the right side of the rudder.    Take a pencil and a sheet of paper with you,   Lay the sheet over the SN and rub the pencil over the numbers, this will make the numbers easier to read

Online shooter

• Yakmaster
  • live for today
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2017, 05:26:57 AM »
The rear of yak just above the drain plug

yakfishing