yakfishing

Author Topic: Pre-season Preparation  (Read 969 times)

Offline Rockin_Johny

• Yakmaster
  • Hobie PA14
Re: Pre-season Preparation
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 04:26:33 PM »
I have answered the question below

1) submit my fish photos on my camera and process them manually, maybe by coming in off the water early?

The answer to this is no.  All fish photos must be submitted via the Tourney X app or website.  If you must use a camera you can use it, but you will then have to transfer your pictures to your phone or tablet/laptop and then submit via Tourney X by the cutoff time specified. 

2) pay by electronic transfer.

All registration will be done through Tourney X and PayPal.  If there is an issue with using PayPal, individuals can contact us and we may be able to offer a solution to this to get you registered

Offline The Red Rocket

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • Don - Hobie Outback
Re: Pre-season Preparation
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 07:33:01 AM »
Not to throw a monkey wrench into your system, John, but can I:
  • submit my fish photos on my camera and process them manually, maybe by coming in off the water early?
  • pay by electronic transfer (I had a problem with Paypal a few years ago and cancelled my account)

Offline Rockin_Johny

• Yakmaster
  • Hobie PA14
Pre-season Preparation
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 06:04:56 PM »
With the interest in the upcoming events and the varying degree of tournament experience I thought it would be a good idea just to post up a few things that all anglers that are participating in the events MUST do before the season is here.

1. Sign up on Tourney X as an angler. Go to the following link and complete the registration. This is free for all anglers. https://tourneyx.com/app/register/angler

2. Download the Tourney X app. The app is available for Android and iOS and is also free. You can also access Tourney X via the internet. You can then access your tournament dashboard from the web after you login to Tourney X. There are videos on the Tourney X site and also on You Tube to help you with the user interface if required.

3. Register for a PayPal account, if you don't already have one. All registration will be done online through Tourney X and PayPay. Registration at PayPal is free.

4. All anglers MUST have a Hawg Trough for measurement of fish. The Hawg Trough is the ONLY measurement device allowed for the events. If you do not have a Hawg Trough they can be purchased at a few locations in Ontario. Fogh Marine and Jenda Paddlesports both stock these boards and they can also be ordered through their websites. There will also be Hawg Troughs for sale at the Spring Fishing Show in February at the Fogh Marine booth. http://shop.foghmarine.com/hawg-trough-white-imperial-measu

5. Darken the lines on your Hawg Trough with a black Sharpie. This will allow a better picture and easier scoring of fish. There are videos on you tube on how to mark your board as well as other tips if you need assistance.

6. Read the rules. Understand the event rules and what is required for photo submissions. If you have questions, feel free to ask.

yakfishing