yakfishing

Author Topic: My Pedator XL  (Read 308 times)

Offline Bob McKenzie

• Yakfisher
  • Scott Canoe feather 11'-4"
Re: My Pedator XL
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2018, 08:24:32 AM »
This was my first kayak, I had tested a few before buying a found most of them small, so I went with the biggest I could find. Coming from a 18.5' bass boat, the first fish I caught in the predator was a 26" cat and I was like where do you put this, how do I measure this thing, I was so use to a lot more space. The first bass event I fished I literally had every bag of plastic from my big boat stuffed into the hull of the predator which I estimate was around 60 pounds and really dumb. I learned to cut down to minimum tackle 2 or 3 rods, only the tackle I plan on using, small batteries to run my fish finder. Carrying less tackle and simplifying has actually helped me with both kayak and bass boat tournaments, last season was my most productive, my catch rate went up and my tackle stipend went down, so my wife says. Standing is no problem in calm waters. Flipping, pitching, and long bombing frogs, also not a problem as well as setting the hook. I've flipped the seat back to give me more space and kind of use it as a stand up paddle board repositioning myself for better casts. I had planned on doing a few upgrades but I needed a few things for the big boat last season which cut into my fishing fund so I never got around to them so it's literally stock. I used my ice fishing transducer in the scupper hole which worked perfectly on my portable fish finder so all the mounting plates are still fresh as well.

Yakfisher

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2018, 08:24:32 AM »
yakfishing

Offline randaller

• Yakfisher
  • Malibu Stealth 12
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 06:32:58 AM »
Awesome. I will measure that up tonight and see.

My buddy has one of these yaks and I love it. They are so well laid out and so much space to stand up which I love to do.

Offline Bob McKenzie

• Yakfisher
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 07:44:23 PM »
Just got the measurement, from the top of the 2 raised sections it it 17" to the keel so ifyour roof rack has 2 straight bars it will be 17" above that if touching, the keel tapers to a big belly so the wider your supports the lower it will sit.

Offline randaller

• Yakfisher
  • Malibu Stealth 12
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 06:55:44 AM »
Ill measure it tonight, its covered in my carport wrapped in a couple of tarps. If you buy it i guess i can always see her again, in your videos

We can always set up play dates!

No rush, especially since its raining out.

Thanks man

Offline Bob McKenzie

• Yakfisher
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 06:08:31 AM »
Ill measure it tonight, its covered in my carport wrapped in a couple of tarps. If you buy it i guess i can always see her again, in your videos

Offline fishbait

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • Hobie Fishing Team. Muskoka
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 02:44:33 PM »
take the seat out and you will gain abt 5 inches

Offline randaller

• Yakfisher
  • Malibu Stealth 12
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 01:38:30 PM »
You could always let some air out of your tires! (lol)

HAHA. That "would" work.

The biggest problem is that its an insulated pipe that I'm hitting and I'm starting to wear away the insulation so someone is going to start asking questions...

Offline The Red Rocket

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • Don - Hobie Outback
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 12:23:46 PM »
You could always let some air out of your tires! (lol)

Offline randaller

• Yakfisher
  • Malibu Stealth 12
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 06:52:51 AM »
I know this is a bit of an odd question but what is the depth of the kayak? Basically, do you know the measurement from the bottom to the tallest point on top (I assume its the seat mount)

I'm wondering because I live in a condo and I park underground, my current kayak hits one of the pipes on my way out so I don't have much more room to play with as far as a deeper kayak.

Thank you very much.

Offline Bob McKenzie

• Yakfisher
My Pedator XL
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 11:07:22 AM »
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1343189199

here is the link to my Predator XL, please let me know if your from yakfisher if you respond, I will go $200 less to yakfisher members

Thanks,

Bob

yakfishing