yakfishing

Author Topic: Gloucester Pool??  (Read 319 times)

Offline skdds

• Junior Yakker
Re: Gloucester Pool??
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 08:24:19 PM »
Fish GP at least twice a season. I like the area near big chute and fish the upper severn river and east aspect of GP. Can move from lake to river via the marine railway-cool ride too. Shallow and deep water. Have caught mostly bass and pike. As others have said-weekends are very busy with powerboats as its part of the trent, but if you can fish it after 6pm or early morning its a great place to be. I have a report on here somewhere.-skdds

Yakfisher

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 08:24:19 PM »
yakfishing

Offline Bob McKenzie

• Yakfisher
  • Scott Canoe feather 11'-4"
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 11:30:37 AM »
Unfortunately big bass love docks. My only advice is to know your rights from both sides. A lot of lakes in Ontario have a road access allowance of 66' around the entire perimeter from the first signs of vegetation at the waters edge, looking at cottage country this would put most cottages on that road allowance. Secondly the property owner only owns or can use property to the first sign of vegetation or high water mark, what ever cottage owner builds on or over the water does not block your rights as an angler to fish those waters. the Dock, the boat, or any other items are the cottage owners property and therefore cannot be damaged by hooks or weights so if you are not confident in your skipping or flipping than I simply wouldn't do it. I've won tournaments strictly fishing docks, in 2009 I won a Stoney lake tournament fishing with J.P. Derose so when I say I, I mean mostly him but I did contribute a 4lb smallmouth to our bag that day, he could skip a jig to those hard to get places and never hit a single thing all day, we had 17.80lbs and the second place team had under 12lbs.

A couple rules I follow while fishing docks, I stay away from swim ladders, floating swim platforms, or any other inflatable. Also no go's are beach areas which usually don't hold fish anyways and metal narrow docks, they aren't worth stopping for. Since the cottage owners property starts at the first sign of vegetation, you can step on their dock to retrieve lures which I've done on a couple occasions, usually when the coast is clear to avoid a confrontation, the alternative is breaking off which I rather not do, leaving something behind. I also stay clear of shore or dock anglers, much more of the lake is accessible from a boat or kayak so I usually swing way out to avoid them.

Offline letterman1

• Yakfisher
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 09:40:00 AM »
That guy sounds like a real whack job.  It is a reminder to be courteous to waterfront property owners, ask if they mind if u fish their docks.  If it were me I wouldn't want people casting lures around my boat either.

Offline Bob McKenzie

• Yakfisher
  • Scott Canoe feather 11'-4"
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 09:13:37 AM »
I've fished there 6 times and even had a second place finished in 2008 but those fish came on spots way back in the brush where I don't think there is any public access, the cottages were few and far between. Little lake should have some access points and a lot of docks which are great for big bass during the mid day sun. There is a serious psycho on little lake who has been charged and convicted of assaulting anglers, he's on a rocky point with a giant boat house close to Able island and I wouldn't go near that place in a kayak, this guy ran the length of his dock and went airborne, landed in the cockpit and threw about a couple thousand dollars worth of gear in the water, not sure where he would land in a kayak.

6lbs is a stretch, for most that would be a fish of a lifetime, Gpool gets a lot of fishing pressure.

Offline MikeM

• Yakfisher
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 08:31:55 AM »
Thereís walleye in there too. Only fished it once but found one when i did.  I donít know how many are in there but it was a decent size. I was staying at a family resort for surprise, surprise- a wedding.  Still took my rods and got a kayak out though!

Offline randaller

• Yakfisher
  • Malibu Stealth 12
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 05:47:46 AM »
Boat Pressure - High, Species - pretty much everything (i have heard that there are musky in there but I have never see any) there is  great population of large and small mouth bass even with the boat and fishing pressure.

Access is pretty easy and you can put a Yak in many different spots.

I love fishing G-Pool and have caught some nice bass and pike from there over the years.

Offline Henricus

• Yakfisher
Gloucester Pool??
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 11:12:10 PM »
Having never been out there, I was wondering if anybody has any experience on Gloucester Pool?

Species (muskie?), relative sizes (6lb bass?), amount of fishing pressure, boat traffic, access etc.

I'm not looking for spots, just general information.

Thanks
Rick

yakfishing