yakfishing

Author Topic: Humminbird helix 5 DI GPS menus setup  (Read 492 times)

Offline The Red Rocket

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • Don - Hobie Outback
Re: Humminbird helix 5 DI GPS menus setup
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 04:37:09 AM »
Funny thing about there being no lakers. When I arrived (early) a guy named Andrew was launching and he told me, "You're going to have a blast today, there are always fish at the dropoff just offshore." I think he's the guy you met when he was leaving after a few hours because he caught and marked nothing in his usual spots. I think the lakers knew I was coming and decided en masse to take a sabbatical day off!   :D

Yakfisher

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 04:37:09 AM »
yakfishing

Offline The Red Rocket

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • Don - Hobie Outback
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 04:31:37 AM »
Thanks Ken, same here. I thought I had posted one of that guy's videos but couldn't remember where. Check out this one as well. It's more general but a lot of explanation. Don't be scared off by the 2 hours in length, it's a seminar and most of it is Q&A but there's a section on down-imaging. 

Offline Cuz

• Newbie Yakker
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 11:16:15 PM »
Hey red rocket. It was great to meet you on the lake today I marked a lot but caught nothing. I think I got my humminbird dialed in. Hope to meet you out o. The water again

Offline The Red Rocket

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • Don - Hobie Outback
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 06:54:47 AM »
To start with check this video: 
This guy has a youtube channel with a lot of Humminbird instructional videos as well as other stuff.

Offline Cuz

• Newbie Yakker
Humminbird helix 5 DI GPS menus setup
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 07:20:27 PM »
Hi ya’ll, I am new to kayak fishing and got myself a old town loon 126 Angler kayak for both fishing and pleasure. I also have a humminbird helix 5 Di gps. I am going to be mostly fishing lake simcoe for Lakers and whiteish and wonder if anybody can give advice on what menu settings to use of deep water.

Thanks in advance

yakfishing