yakfishing

Author Topic: Visiting Basser from Oz  (Read 643 times)

Offline Thracus

• Yakmaster
  • Wavewalk S4
Re: Visiting Basser from Oz
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 09:58:33 PM »
Get/rent a charter and hook some Ontario salmon.
Or get a charter on Erie and get some nice walleye.
That will be a nice Canadian memory.

You can do that in a kayak but you need the gear and you need to know the places.

Yakfisher

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 09:58:33 PM »
yakfishing

Offline Ozzie Basser

• Newbie Yakker
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 08:25:09 PM »
Thanks Money Mike for your reply and for the information on the local lakes. I had a fish in Shades Mills this morning from a loaned kayak for about 1.5 hour and dropped a medium size largemouth and landed a Smallmouth. We are in Shades Mills till Friday then unsure where we will go from here. Cheers Peter

Offline MoneyMike

• Yakmaster
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 02:42:24 PM »
how long you in town? Shade Mills has bass pike and crappie puschlinch lake is decent in that area as well... the Grand is a world class fishery also

Offline Ozzie Basser

• Newbie Yakker
Visiting Basser from Oz
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 10:06:31 PM »
Good Afternoon .........Hello for the first time from a mad keen Bass fisherman from Australia.
I am in the Toronto , Hamilton visiting our Son and his wife and our new grand daughter for the next month and looking forward to chasing some of your large and Smallmouth Bass. In Australia I am very active in the Hobie Bass/ Bream tournament scene and hoping to attend a few local club meeting or fishing days to get to meet like minded people. I am in the Shade's Mills area till the end of the week and hoping to get out on the dam here soon and have few cast ,we are then unsure where we will be staying from here. Please contact me with any help with places to fish and/or stay from here...Cheers

yakfishing