yakfishing

Author Topic: What would you choose and why?  (Read 433 times)

Offline MoneyMike

• Yakmaster
Re: What would you choose and why?
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 09:17:49 AM »
I chose the jackson for a couple reasons:
1)there is a dealer near me
2)the FD goes to zero draft and i do fish rivers from time to time which would rip a mirage drive apart (there is a video of the fd doing white water)
3) Jackson has a solid name also so im not worried about the technology
4) The coosa is known for stability (the new outback does show people standing also)

truth be told the guys at fogh are great have dealth with them a few times and i would recomend them if buying new which means the jackson would be out.  I have a PA 14 and a ride 135 (the ride is for rivers) and definately prefer the pedal style of the hobie.  I like the FD for its versatility for me and if i was buying just one kayak i would try the fd first as I do hate the recumbent style (the zero draft in rivers just appeals to me that much as does the instant reverse) If shallow rivers were not of interest to me then the outback is hands down my choice.  the Pdl is a nice yak also however it is definately third place for me as it has the the same limitations of each boat with the only advantage being its increased weight capacity.

Yakfisher

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 09:17:49 AM »
yakfishing

Offline Adam

• Administrator
  • Old Salt
  • Site Owner - Outback LE #280
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 05:58:46 PM »
Outback

1) Customer support. Folks at Fogh Marine are fantastic to deal with. Make the experience after the sale that much better
2) Proven propulsion system
3) New transducer mount, solves so many issues as Peter mentioned
4) Handle on the back allowing for a stable lift. Current rear Outback handle makes lifting the rear unbalanced

Offline Hellinas

• Junior Yakker
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 05:41:45 PM »
Submit you vote on top(left).
Thanks for the opinion  :)

Offline Spyman48

• Yakmaster
  • Click on Globe icon below to see my Kayak Wars.
    • Kayakwars Catches
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 04:51:26 PM »
Outback
- Because I own a 2015 outback, so brand loyalty.
- It has the most features.
- It looks the best.
- Mirage drive is just better, the motion of back and forth vs pedaling like a bike, no contest. It's proven tech that has been used for many years.
- Guardian transducer shield, this is just awesome! Perfect solution for these huge transducers on higher end graphs.

Offline Hellinas

• Junior Yakker
What would you choose and why?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 03:22:44 PM »
What would you choose and why?

yakfishing