yakfishing

Author Topic: YFA  (Read 3407 times)

Offline ricoboxing

• Yakfisher
    • RICO RULES
Re: YFA
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2009, 12:17:20 PM »
the night b4 going kayak fishing, i seem to be checking weather.ca all the time!

Offline coonago

• Yakmaster
  • Honorary Canuck
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2009, 10:20:28 AM »
can't sleep, can't eat, can't work, need to go now just thinking about it!

Offline bancroftfisherman

• Yakfisher
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2009, 09:37:32 AM »
I can't sleep still the night before deer season opens and New Years Eve before Brook Trout opens.  Any other time I'm going for brook trout np but the night before the hardwater opener...man!
Wes

Offline YakDreams

• Old Salt
  • Personal Trainer for Fish
    • YakDreams Kayak Fishing Den
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2009, 06:52:14 AM »
lol...I tried to be responsible for a week and a half and looked for a job :) The only thing Im any good at is making sandwiches and taking my dog for a walk...I stay up all night if Im excited about fishing the next day...its like a sickness for sure...My wife isnt here yet so Im pretty much free...Eat, Sleep and kayak fish :)

business idea, used to be a brown bag lunch store in this little town where I used to work, people could drop in on their way to work, pickup a sandwich lunch and leave their dog for the day :D  Hire a summer student to sit the doggies and go fishing :D

I loose sleep too, this is the only thing I've got that excited about since I was a kid waiting for Santa to arrive ...oh and maybe when I used to snowboard the rockies, often I'd just get up super early since I couldn't sleep anyways and head to the mountain, eat breakfast while I wait for the lifts to open, only went out on powder days, punching freshies was so much fun before I messed up the knee.

I think I'd have to loose my arms and legs before I stop getting excited about yakfishing.

Neil

Offline jediangler

• Old Salt
  • Native Watercraft Tegris12 Fish with the Force
    • Jediangler's Youtube channel
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2009, 09:42:24 PM »
I can never sleep before musky opener, after that I'm fine.

Offline Jamie P.

• Old Salt
  • Host- Big City Fishing
    • The Fishing consultant
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2009, 09:37:01 PM »
lol...I tried to be responsible for a week and a half and looked for a job :) The only thing Im any good at is making sandwiches and taking my dog for a walk...I stay up all night if Im excited about fishing the next day...its like a sickness for sure...My wife isnt here yet so Im pretty much free...Eat, Sleep and kayak fish :)

I can never sleep if I am going fishing! The night before the Game ON shoot I stayed up all night

Water Wolf QCI

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009, 05:42:34 PM »

Offline The Red Rocket

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • Don - Hobie Outback
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 02:16:12 PM »
Mine are 30 (daughter) and 27 (son) and long gone.  For me there were 3 red letter days re the kids' independence.  1st was the day the oldest got her baby sitting creditation so my wife and I could go out on short notice.  2nd was when the oldest got her driver's licence and was keen to take the younger to hockey, ball, etc. so she could drive.  3rd was when the oldest moved out after university, no explanation required.  Enjoy the ride with your kids - it goes fast!

Offline YakDreams

• Old Salt
  • Personal Trainer for Fish
    • YakDreams Kayak Fishing Den
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 12:10:22 PM »

Neil, which day is your birthday - mine's the 13th, and it's a landmark!  I've got "a few" years on you.  If you want to get out somewhere locally (GTA) for an evening one of these days let me know - I'm in.  Anybody else?  Dieter?  K413?  This Saturday & Sunday are out though, my daughter's putting on dinner up north.

the 12th here, just one day and a bunch of years apart :D  Weeknights are pretty much toast for me, spring/summer is bball season which takes up 2-3 week nights with my 2 boys.  Kind of sucks cause the days are so long right now, plenty of time for an eve outing  ...oh well, they won't be kids forever, I'll make it up someday :D

Neil

Offline joco

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
    • joco@yakfisher.net
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 11:47:38 AM »
have you tried fly fishing for them there?

yes i di a few time and it those work.

but forget about your 10 weight taugh.. :D :D

2 to 6 weight max..2 pound tippet to 4 pound...tiny fly or nymph

joco................no prob to meeth me there bud. on lunch time...city parking..one are one hour free. ;D

Offline The Red Rocket

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • Don - Hobie Outback
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 11:00:49 AM »
I'm having Yak fishing withdrawals, it'll be 3 weeks when this weekend arrives....    and because it's my bday this weekend, everyone has plans for me so I likely won't get out this weekend etiher (plus I'm supposed to be on-call for work) ...going nuts  :'(

Neil

Neil, which day is your birthday - mine's the 13th, and it's a landmark!  I've got "a few" years on you.  If you want to get out somewhere locally (GTA) for an evening one of these days let me know - I'm in.  Anybody else?  Dieter?  K413?  This Saturday & Sunday are out though, my daughter's putting on dinner up north.

Offline misty-river

• Yakfisher
  • What's for dinner...BASS
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 07:22:14 AM »
Yak Fisher Anonymous,  I think it goes like:
Hello my name                and I'm a Yak Fisheraholic, it's been two minutes since my last post.....
Group replies Hello                ........ ;D
acknowledgement is the first step ;D

OK.....   I acknowledge it I'm like it here?    hookedaddicted!! ;D have a hard time staying away 8) please help me let me fish  ;D........... I'll have to get a laptop to take with me aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggg  :D :D

Offline Jamie P.

• Old Salt
  • Host- Big City Fishing
    • The Fishing consultant
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 06:56:38 AM »
hey in 3 days we will be neighboors!

ho yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ;D

hey if you got a few min to spare this weekend its the fishing festival for kid in the ruisseau de la brasserie so your little guirl can get some trout in that pool. ;) sat and sunday........and all week after that in the creek.

i will have to get my limit everyday at lunch time its about 1.5 min frome work. ;D

man tons and tons off lake neer your new house.

you will see on your license .je me souvien. :D :D

joco

hey I can meet you down there for lunch one day next week!!! hey if I bring 2 kids can I put out 3 rods :)

have you tried fly fishing for them there?

Offline joco

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
    • joco@yakfisher.net
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 08:30:50 PM »
hey in 3 days we will be neighboors!

ho yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ;D

hey if you got a few min to spare this weekend its the fishing festival for kid in the ruisseau de la brasserie so your little guirl can get some trout in that pool. ;) sat and sunday........and all week after that in the creek.

i will have to get my limit everyday at lunch time its about 1.5 min frome work. ;D

man tons and tons off lake neer your new house.

you will see on your license .je me souvien. :D :D

joco

Offline Jamie P.

• Old Salt
  • Host- Big City Fishing
    • The Fishing consultant
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 08:23:36 PM »
oh Marco you make me laugh... hey in 3 days we will be neighboors! loads of new waters to explore
Coonago you will have to get a Quebec licence ...

yakfishing