yakfishing

Author Topic: 2008 Moutcha Bay Tyee Kayakfishing Derby  (Read 3314 times)

Water Wolf QCI

Re: 2008 Moutcha Bay Tyee Kayakfishing Derby
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 03:33:36 PM »
Here is the current thread on NWKA website pertaining to the Moutcha tourney...Allen still hasnt found anything out yet...
http://www.northwestkayakanglers.com/index.php/topic,925.0/prev_next,prev.html#new

Yakfisher

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 03:33:36 PM »
yakfishing

nomad

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 10:20:15 AM »
anything definite on this?

thanks for the vote of confidence!!

unfortunately I have been hearing from another reliable source on this forum that the whole tournament may be up in the air this year??

will follow up on this and post what I learn.

Do I know your "reliable source"?   ::)  I talked to Moutcha Jim the other day and he'll have the final word by the end of the month.  If it doesn't fly, I got a few more options for you if you really want to hit it out here.

Hello everyone!!!  My name is Allen.  I run the NorthWestKayakanglers.com website and I'm a sponsored kayak angler for Ocean Kayak.  I've been perusing the Canadian boards lately looking for what's out there and ended up here and at the other site.  Are there any more.  On the NWKA site, we have a British Columbia sub-forum, but only a few members from up there.  But BC is close enough to Washington, where I'm from, that I get up to BC every now and then to wet a line, including the Moutcha Derby last year.

-Allen

Offline Don

• Yakfisher Founding Member
  • Old Salt
  • www.facebook.com/kayakfishing
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 10:04:19 PM »
Welcome Jeff, great to have you here  :)  When I'm back in BC I'll be needing to get out on some saltwater.   :)

If you're ever in Sooke, my sister-in-law owns a nice restaurant there that's shares a retail space with To Ki the Ocean Kayak Institute/Rush Adventures Inc.

http://www.fusewaterfrontgrill.com/

tight lines
Don

Water Wolf QCI

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 07:36:59 PM »
Hey guys...Im from out west and ended up here through polepole...Ive been on a search for Canadian Kayak anglers...Awesome to find some...I'll post everyonce and awhile and try to add to the site... :)

Offline Don

• Old Salt
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 01:28:15 PM »
Welcome to the site Allen  :)  Not sure how many other sites there are with Canadian content but we'd like to eventually build this one to be at the forefront.  We welcome  your input and look forward to your participation in the forums.  Tell your friends  ;)

Don

Offline polepole

• Newbie Yakker
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 11:52:31 AM »

unfortunately I have been hearing from another reliable source on this forum that the whole tournament may be up in the air this year??

Do I know your "reliable source"?   ::)  I talked to Moutcha Jim the other day and he'll have the final word by the end of the month.  If it doesn't fly, I got a few more options for you if you really want to hit it out here.

Hello everyone!!!  My name is Allen.  I run the NorthWestKayakanglers.com website and I'm a sponsored kayak angler for Ocean Kayak.  I've been perusing the Canadian boards lately looking for what's out there and ended up here and at the other site.  Are there any more.  On the NWKA site, we have a British Columbia sub-forum, but only a few members from up there.  But BC is close enough to Washington, where I'm from, that I get up to BC every now and then to wet a line, including the Moutcha Derby last year.

-Allen

nomad

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 10:29:14 AM »

Offline Don

• Old Salt
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 09:36:29 PM »
I wouldn't be able to make it but sounds like alot of fun for sure.  You'll have a legion of guys back in Ontario cheering you on Jeff... and we'll all be green with envy I'm sure  :D  I've only had the pleasure to fish BC once and we only got into one King (pound shy of a Tyee) out of Sooke and vacationed on the Cowichan River but wasn't able to fish it in my limited time there...

Keep us apprised of your "Mission to Moutcha Bay"  ;D

Good luck!

Don

Offline joco

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
    • joco@yakfisher.net
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 08:09:02 PM »
 great info nomad.

to bad its so far frome us.

actualy there tons off derbys in the U.S that is not that far.frome us...i will look up for some'' the closest ones.

thanks. for the info.. ;)

joco

nomad

2008 Moutcha Bay Tyee Kayakfishing Derby
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 04:27:40 PM »
this is the only Canadian derby that I am aware of and it couldn't be further away from us.
Cambell River, BC area...   Quadra Island
but I am going in it this year!!
and I would much rather fish the Derby, flotilla style than solo.....  any takers??
I plan to do a full day pre-fish the day before

myself and the wife will already be there when it is on.  usually Labour Day weekend but date has not been announced yet this year and they are currently overhauling the Resort's website where it is held.
I have a lot of experience fishing the rivers around that area but not from a kayak
I will also be fishing the Bamfield outlet on the ocean side of the island including Pacific Rim Nat'l Park for salmon, steelhead, sea trout and with any luck, Halibut!!
I have a line on boats and cheap accomodation and will post more info as I get it.

A lot of the entrants are American and the tournament itself is very well run.  However, the prizes will be staying North of the border this year, if I/the Team have any say in the matter!

yakfishing