yakfishing

Author Topic: My Yak buying experience  (Read 18729 times)

Offline yakryder

• Old Salt
  • Ultimate Outback Yak
Re: My Yak buying experience
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2010, 03:59:29 PM »
Found a decent price for a prowler trident 11 and 13, 595 and 630.  Only problems its freakin 5 hours away. 

Offline Fuzzy Tomato

• Yakmaster
  • Native Ultimate 14.5/ Jackson Big Rig /T100
« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2010, 06:11:20 PM »
In regards to Up the Creek Paddle shop he replied

Up the Creek Paddle Shop was a dealer that was setup under the old distributor.  She may still have product available, but I cannot vouch for the quality of the product, or her company as we did not set her up as a dealer directly.  Having said that, if she does sell you the product, and you find a manufacturer defect, we will of course take care of you as she was at least once an authorized dealer.

We are working towards trying to get proper representation in Canada, but that is much easier said than done.  I will add your email address to our mailing list and keep you informed about Canada.

If u have any interest in this line wait for them to become more established in canada or deal directly with the manufacturer. I have moved on from considering Malibu

Cheers

Derek

Offline Fuzzy Tomato

• Yakmaster
« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2010, 06:07:12 PM »
For those that are interested in the malibu saga. I emailed Josh Eken sales manager @ malibu here is his reply

I

Offline Bellybuster

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • Hobie Revo13, Hobie Quest, Tarpon 140, Tarpon100,
    • My web page
« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2010, 04:03:06 PM »
notice "sold out" on that deal.

Offline joco

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
    • joco@yakfisher.net
« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2010, 02:34:27 PM »
belly.

its nice to have deals..but time is nice to....if you get your dream yak few months before and enjoy it greatly for 100 more.it would be a go for me to.

money$ is just $$....time enjoy on a nice yak you love.priceless.......... ;D

ok.any deals.......$

on tarpon 160.yellow or red.

newer model.
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,1436F_Wilderness-Systems-Tarpon-160i-Angler-Fishing-Kayak-with-Rudder-Sit-on-Top-16.html
i wish that store would be closer.

i am looking for a good quality solo canoe to.

i am looking for a tarpon 160..or a true sea kayak..i am going more thords a tarpon 160..it would be more use then a sea kayak..and get the speed and all...i saw some very cool sea kayak yesterday and that have some rod holder on them to..cool one for sher.

1095$ localy.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 02:53:35 PM by joco »

Offline Bellybuster

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
    • My web page
« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2010, 11:27:01 AM »
KJT99, you said it... "timing is everything"
   Allot of retailers don't actively advertise because that costs money. You can phone a shop on a Monday and they have nothing. Phone again on Wednesday and they have a barely used P13 for $499 or an old stock or new remaining stock on sale.
   I am usually all about the deal, this time I went with the best deal I think I'll find on the specific yak I wanted. $999 for the T140 with a rudder is a good deal. Do I think that if I waited I might have found it for $900???? Maybe, maybe not. Even if I did, by the time I found the "smokin" deal thay may be all sold out.

My Native Magic is a prime example. I was not necessarily in the market for a new yak at the time. I knew I was not satisfied with my present yak. While browsing through Kijjiji, I saw an add by Swift in Gravenhurst that I had never seen before. The ad was 3 weeks old. It said 50% off remaining Native boats. I called and asked if any Ultimates left, answer was no, so I asked what do you have left. They had 2 Magic 12 and various propels. Started researching the Magic and made the buy at 50% off MSRP. EEEhAAA
  Biggest lesson for me? Concentrate less on the deal and more on the yak itself. It would have saved me some cash right off.
   I keep sayin I'll use the Magic for this or that but I know I'll be living in that tarpon...thanks to Len

Offline Rock Bass

• Yakfisher
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2010, 09:39:17 AM »
I looked on the manufacturer's websites and called all of the dealers within 2hr drive (the bigger constraint for me is time...kids).  They don't really update those pages, so a lot of them may not be dealers anymore.  Milton should have a lot more options than Peterborough.  I think you have to stick with locations with big markets (large population or client niche like cottage country).  Here, they had a hard time the year before I purchased selling Tarpons, so the shop in town stayed away from them the since '08, unless you wanted to order @ MSRP and wait for next year or pay shipping.

Offline yakryder

• Old Salt
  • Ultimate Outback Yak
« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2010, 09:12:28 AM »
rockbass, so where should I be looking?  I'll look for deals on any tarpon or trident series, but timing is everything and finding one close to the GTA might be difficult.  Did you end up paying MSRP on your ordered kayak?  I really don't want to buy new but if it comes to that, the pescador is priced right.

Anyone have some insider info (sit on tops) for the swift canoe demo at Guelph lake next weekend?  I may need to take a half day off on Fri, wifey booked the weekend in Niagara. 

Offline Rock Bass

• Yakfisher
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2010, 08:10:11 AM »
Good choice on the yak Belly.  Yup, there are deals to be found in the fall, but unless your willing to travel (far) there is equally good chance that the most preferable models are sold out.  That was my experience last year with both the tarpon 14 and trident 13.  I ended up ordering one.

Offline Bellybuster

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
    • My web page
« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2010, 07:08:38 AM »
that is html for a space, when spaces are used prior to typing text it will sometimes show up as the html format.

Offline Fuzzy Tomato

• Yakmaster
« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2010, 05:47:38 AM »
I think I found the answer. (Non-breaking space has something to do with forced sapces between words.)  Thought it was some yaking term.

Cheers

Derek

Offline Fuzzy Tomato

• Yakmaster
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2010, 05:43:43 AM »
Can someone tell me what this means.....&nbsp

Thanks

Derek

Offline joco

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
    • joco@yakfisher.net
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2010, 05:26:02 AM »
What color did you get?  I have seen several blue T120"s but not a T160. I'd be happy with it in any color.  If you never saw a blue kayak browse through the forums, my rigged Caper is hiding in there somewhere.  My next yak will probably be the Perception Pescadore, which I understand is the same kayak as the 2008 T120.  Really having a hard time deciding on the color since the choices are yellow or yellow.  Think I will go with yellow.

the tarpon 100my wife baught 6 weeks ago is blue and i like it..its a nice blue.

joco

Offline Bellybuster

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
    • My web page
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2010, 04:54:58 AM »
I dunno Slowride, I think you should go with yellow.

Like a new sonar unit? I am sure she would love it.
the thought had crossed my mind  ::)

thanks Don, glad to see there's someone out there willing to overcome my search laziness

Offline Slowride

• Yakmaster
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2010, 08:31:24 PM »
What color did you get?  I have seen several blue T120"s but not a T160. I'd be happy with it in any color.  If you never saw a blue kayak browse through the forums, my rigged Caper is hiding in there somewhere.  My next yak will probably be the Perception Pescadore, which I understand is the same kayak as the 2008 T120.  Really having a hard time deciding on the color since the choices are yellow or yellow.  Think I will go with yellow.

yakfishing