yakfishing

Author Topic: Kayak review - Wilderness Systems Tarpon 100  (Read 5850 times)

Offline Bellybuster

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • Hobie Revo13, Hobie Quest, Tarpon 140, Tarpon100,
    • My web page
Kayak review - Wilderness Systems Tarpon 100
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 04:25:25 PM »
Member Name: Bellybuster
Year of Release: u/k
Item Name: Tarpon 100
Manufacturer: Wilderness Systems http://www.wildernesssystems.com/product/index/products/recreational/recreational_tarpon/tarpon_100_recreational
Price: Around $700

Well, you don't often get the chance to say only good things about an item but this little yak just has no bad points.

At 10' I purchased this boat used (thanks Len) for my youngest daughter so she can come fishing with me.
    I didn't get to try it myself before she was off like a bullet leaving me on the bank.
    As in all WS yaks this thing is built extremely well and has folks of all sizes in mind. It has a capacity of 325 lbs in a 48 lbs package (mine is an older model)
    The tankwell is more than adequate for a milk crate with room left over and the yak in general is very well suited to fishing.
    Stability in this little boat is nothing short of amazing. At just over 30" wide it is a stable, standable platform. Sitting in the water you can see that stability was a very high priority in this build.
heres a short vid of it in action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emmY2hGCq7s&feature=player_embedded
   As you can see if my girl had enough weight to have the chine in the water the stability would be even greater. The glide on this boat is fantastic as you can see late in the video. My daughter's paddling technique is not the greatest but she has no probs propelling this boat at a respectable clip.

Pros:
  everything

Cons:
  only one I can think of is mine is not the newer model with the upgraded hatches and seat

Final thoughts:
   this boat will be forever a part of our fleet. it really has no flaws for what we use it for

Yakfisher

Kayak review - Wilderness Systems Tarpon 100
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 04:25:25 PM »
yakfishing

yakfishing