yakfishing

Author Topic: ultimate Tegris 12 w/skirts  (Read 1309 times)

Offline thecrashton

• Yakfisher
Re: ultimate Tegris 12 w/skirts
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2018, 01:43:58 PM »
Love that yak of yours. A Frontier was seriously at the top of my list along with the Mayfly.

Yakfisher

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2018, 01:43:58 PM »
yakfishing

Offline jediangler

• Old Salt
  • Native Watercraft Tegris12 Fish with the Force
    • Jediangler's Youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2018, 09:04:44 AM »
Time for an update.

After spending a decade with my Native Watercraft Ultimate Tegris 12 I am still very satisfied with this yak and looking forward to another 10 years. I removed the skirts and sold them to another Tegris owner in upstate New York as they were at best a cosmetic addition and made access to gear much harder. I've done Kevlar strip protection on the bow and stern in 2012 and 2016 to prolong the life and protect against damage from launching, landing and dragging. After adding the H2Pro-ped pedal system in 2013 it has been collecting dust since 2015 as I much prefer to paddle over pedalling.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 06:47:28 AM by jediangler »

Offline smallmouth

• Old Salt
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 09:28:49 PM »
For the past 3 years I tried to get her into the yak and she would have none of it. Then this year she was game. She got in and paddled around the 2 swimming platforms that you can see in the backround. When we returned to the rental cottage a month later she got in the Necky Manitou Sport I rented and took off down the shoreline with me nervously running along the lakeside trying to keep up.
She has yet to try fishing out of a yak, but I'm sure if we are out together and I'm catching fish, she will want to try. Gotta grow the sport with the young ones first  ;D.

Awesome!!!

As you indicated, if things go well you could have a lifelong fishing partner.

God Bless,
Don
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 09:31:01 PM by smallmouth »

Offline jediangler

• Old Salt
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 08:25:21 PM »
For the past 3 years I tried to get her into the yak and she would have none of it. Then this year she was game. She got in and paddled around the 2 swimming platforms that you can see in the backround. When we returned to the rental cottage a month later she got in the Necky Manitou Sport I rented and took off down the shoreline with me nervously running along the lakeside trying to keep up.

She has yet to try fishing out of a yak, but I'm sure if we are out together and I'm catching fish, she will want to try. Gotta grow the sport with the young ones first  ;D.

Offline joco

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
    • joco@yakfisher.net
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 07:56:32 PM »
jediangler

great to see. the young one into kayak fishing.......

joco

Offline jump

• Old Salt
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 11:23:38 AM »
...see something good happens when you buy a new yak...but like Joco said to bad you just got it and now (or soon) have to park it....time for mods eh!!!!....

Offline jediangler

• Old Salt
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 10:11:55 AM »
I won't get much use out of the old SIK jump, but my 8yr old has claimed it as her own now.

Hopefully I'll convince her to try fishing out of it next year and have a yakfishing partner for life.

Offline joco

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
    • joco@yakfisher.net
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 09:55:36 AM »
 nice looking fishing machine. ;)

the skirts are nice on thopse boats.

i use mines only once..but will use them more next season..good to keep water out wen you got very hign winds .

must be sad to get a new toys park... :-\.

joco

Offline jump

• Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 08:51:08 AM »
...nice...so this winter will be the mod/season for it????...how much use do you think your sik will see now????

Offline jediangler

• Old Salt
ultimate Tegris 12 w/skirts
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 09:42:53 PM »
Took a few pics of my new yak, with the skirts on, before putting it away for the winter.

yakfishing