Author Topic: emson indoor smoker  (Read 2512 times)

Offline Thrac

• Yakmaster
  • Wavewalk 500 & S4
Re: emson indoor smoker
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 08:50:31 PM »
Just had smoked salmon and a glass of rose wine (my own production).
This is good life.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 10:08:18 PM by gogu392 »

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 08:50:31 PM »

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Old Salt
  • Snagglefish, Weeddlefish, Oh Fish-On
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 10:07:23 AM »
You're getting me hungry Dwc !
Would make an excellent x-mas present.  :)

Offline dwc67

• Yakmaster
  • Karma....it's only a bitch if you are
emson indoor smoker
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 04:45:48 PM »
this is a pressure cooker with an element inside for the chip pan

i just finished my last test with this smoker. i smoked 4 different things to test it out.

first i did chicken breasts hot smoked. it takes 30 minutes and calls for 3 to 5 wood chips. i just broke a bradley puck up and used half of it. end result very good
it has a moderate smoke flavor and the meat isnt dry

second test i cold smoked some some beef burger for hamburgs. end result was fair but that was my fault. i used half a puck but only put it in for 10 minutes so the smoke flavour was weak. 20 minutes would have been better

3 rd test and this was a biggun hot smoked salmon
i brined up 2 fillets while i was at work in wine sugar and salt (basic) and smoked them when i got home. end result very good flavour  presentation and texture was fair
i used half a puck of apple for 15 minutes, the salmon came out looking like they were cooked in a pressure cooker not that gloss like they get in the bradley. flavour was again moderately strong and if you like it that way it would be perfect. me i like strong smoke so it rates 8.5 out of 10

last test cold smoked lox
i did a basic salt sugar cure with a 1 hour rinse

i smoked it for 20 minutes with a half puck of cherry
end result friggin awesome and easier then the bradley

i put ice cubes in the bottom and first rack to keep the fish below 80 degs that worked perfect. if you have ever tried to cold smoke salmon it is a late fall winter task because once the fish gets to 80 deg it starts to cook so its ruined as lox and now you have to hot smoke it. this smoker makes it so i can make lox in a heat wave.

you have to wash the lid seals every time or they leak because of smoke residue

your house has a smoky smell, i dont mind but some might

hot smoke salmon looks like crap, tastes great just looks bad

so if you are looking for a smoker for small jobs or live in an apartment and can't use a normal smoker this i would recommend highly