yakfishing

Author Topic: thinking of a new ride, trident angler  (Read 1639 times)

Offline Muzz

• Yakfisher
Re: thinking of a new ride, trident angler
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 01:12:45 PM »
I have 2 Trident Angler 13's.  Great boats!  Very stable tons of room. Jenda Paddlesports has great prices.

Cheers
Muzz

Yakfisher

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 01:12:45 PM »
yakfishing

Offline fishbait

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • Hobie Fishing Team. Muskoka
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 09:13:51 AM »
Proud owner of a Trident 15 and a Hobie, and still love to paddle my OK. Only changed for a stand up platform
 and so u could catch more fish :o :o :o :o

Offline Duke 2.0

• Old Salt
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 08:33:31 AM »
Proud owner of a Trident 15 and a Hobie, and still love to paddle my OK. Only changed for a stand up platform.

Offline BMAC

• Yakfisher
  • Hobie Outback - "Olive"
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 07:48:41 PM »
The Tridents are a great boat.. They ride the line between a great fishing platform and a good paddling boat... There is a general trend of giving up paddling performance for layout and primary stability . The OK prowlers and Scupper Pro's and old tarpon's I think are faster and better for paddling but not set up as well for fishing as the new models..

And of course I pedal a barge( hobie outback)  now so I might not be the best person to listen to!

« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 08:00:17 PM by BMAC »

Offline ppaauull0

• Junior Yakker
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 07:14:40 PM »
Unless of course you include the Hobie Revolution, but that's a different kettle of fish haha.

Offline ppaauull0

• Junior Yakker
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 07:11:13 PM »
For all-round fishing, lakes, rivers and ocean, the Trident 13 is THE best kayak ever made, its light, super stable and quick on the water, nothing else comes close for an all-rounder.

Offline Don

• Yakfisher Founding Member
  • Old Salt
  • www.facebook.com/kayakfishing
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 07:02:40 PM »
+1 for Trident 13.  Great all around kayak, moderately fast hull.  Can do big water or small... I'd stay away from the 11 if you're going to fish big water unless you don't mind picking your days on the water.

Offline ppaauull0

• Junior Yakker
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 06:47:01 PM »
I have had both a Tarpon 160 and a Trident 15, and personally I prefer the Trident hands down, most of my fishing is done in the Bay of Fundy and the Atlantic and to be honest the Tarpon just doesn't cut it in the open ocean, for large lakes like Ontario, Huron etc I'm sure its great, but my Tarpon will soon be up for sale in favour of a new Trident 15.

Offline fishbait

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • Hobie Fishing Team. Muskoka
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 04:22:16 PM »
hope u try before u buy    id agree with De longer is better  Fogh paddle day this sunday if want to try one  let me know and ill make sure that they take one ..it runs from 1030_ 330 usually includes free BBQ hope to see u there....its takes place at Etobicoke yaught club  at Gardiner and Park lawn exit on lakeshore  watch for their signs...

Offline CaptSpunk

• Yakfisher
  • hey there
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 03:43:10 PM »
i got a prowler 15..love it

great on long hauls across open water,  iv also did the grand river with it

good boat hauls a lot of stuff..for shure

« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 03:44:00 PM by CaptSpunk »

Offline Flyfisher

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • John 3:16
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 03:24:49 PM »
Trident is a great boat.  Very stable.  I would go for the larger boat unless you are only planning to fish small rivers.  You will appreciate the extra length in rougher water.
Agree with you on this ! If you can I would go to the ultra's they are a well planned out boat! They are stable and very fast!!!
Blessings,
Jeremy

Offline De-tension

• Global Moderator
  • Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 03:19:34 PM »
Trident is a great boat.  Very stable.  I would go for the larger boat unless you are only planning to fish small rivers.  You will appreciate the extra length in rougher water. 

Offline Mead55

• Yakfisher
thinking of a new ride, trident angler
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 03:12:03 PM »
 After meeting all you guys in Quinte tournament,I was very impressed with flyfisher,and ironman"s set ups on their ocean kayak"s. I am really leaning to buying the Ocean Trident Angler 11"5 or 13"8, in the near future. I would welcome some feed back on my choice since I am new to this type of fishing. Thanks alot Philly/ Mead55

yakfishing