yakfishing

Author Topic: Sportsman Show  (Read 839 times)

Offline k4l3

• Old Salt
Re: Sportsman Show
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 04:49:50 AM »
Went last year and saw maybe 4-5 kayak/canoe booth in one of the corner which were mostly sea kayak with couple sit on top, maybe 2 dozen kayak/canoe in total, nothing to write home about.   There wasn't any Ocean, WS only had sea kayaks, MB only real fishing kayak display with 3 sot, one fully rig out for fishing.  However no gear to purchase if you looking to rig you owe kayak.  Which was sad because that was one of the main reason why I went.    If you going hoping to see 50 kayaks for fishing, you won't.

I also went for a carp rod/reel & tackle which I got from the Natural sport booth which was the only one that had a small display for carp fishing.  Wasn't much of a deal either but Lebaron or Bass pro don't carry carp gear locally. 

Natural sports, FishingWorld, Lebaron, Alfaraty,  etc, "no bass pro" had booths there with deals like no taxes from lebaron or buy 5 lure for $10 kinda of deals..  Basically the last year stock from there stores that they trying to clear before the new stuff arrives this year.  Not a real saving if you include parking/admin cost.

There were shimano, rapala, humminbird etc displaying there stuff but no discount at all.  Prices was higher then what you would see at Bass pro and Bass pro prices are really not the good either.

Power boats, RV, hunting, travel, small vendor"eg. sunglasses, hats" and the dog show made up of the rest of the show.  Which I didn't even go check out.

DOn't think much will change from last year because of the recession. Probably even a bit smaller show with less of the bigger power boats/RV and couple of the smaller vendor booths missing.

Spent about 2hr checking out the fishing gear booths , most of it talking with the Carp gear guy at the Natural sport booth.

Offline pure

• Yakfisher
Re: Sportsman Show
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 04:13:09 PM »
i will be going on wendsday and there are always kayak booths there quite a few if i rember correctly cant wait to go  ;D

Offline David K

• Yakfisher
Sportsman Show
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 03:49:33 PM »
Hi all,
  Is anyone going/working the sportsman show?   Does anyone know of any kayak fishing booths or information that may be at the show?  I am planning to head down this Friday late afternoon or early evening if anyone is going to be there and would like to meet up for a quick hello? 
            David K

yakfishing