yakfishing

Author Topic: BPS online return problems  (Read 1118 times)

Offline MoneyMike

• Yakfisher
BPS online return problems
« on: November 21, 2016, 11:18:41 AM »
Not sure if anyone has had to send anything back to bps after purchasing online but I am currently going through a pain with them. I purchased a Garmin Striker Dv which got great reviews online has Downview, chirp, flasher and gps capability. I purchased specifically for BCC. My unit had a problem staying powered up so I returned it.  Called customer service to get instructions and followed them.

Initially i had a bad battery but several batteries later it was apparent it was the unit.  The unit left my local Canada post depot Aug 31. When shipping returns you have to send o the depot in lasalle it then gets shipped to the states from there.  I expected and was warned of a small delay but a follow up call in October revealed they had not received it yet.  A follow up call call today they tell me it was received on Nov 18. All I amazing for is a new unit to be shipped out but they are out of stock.  It may take 30 days to come back into stock and will then be shipped out.  If it does not come back in stock they will "contact" me somehow.

I wish I had bought locally but it was purchased with a gift card hopefully I have it ready to go for next years BCC :(

Yakfisher.Net Forums

BPS online return problems
« on: November 21, 2016, 11:18:41 AM »
yakfishing

Offline Mtmouse

• Yakfisher
Re: BPS online return problems
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 11:34:10 AM »
First mistake was buying a Garmin.  :P

I ordered online from BPS once and never again. You would think with them having stores in Canada, they would have the products in Canada to ship....not the case. It takes too long to receive an order and I personally think their pricing is terrible.

Offline Rockin_Johny

• Yakmaster
  • Hobie PA14
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 11:49:54 AM »
Well the other end of the spectrum is me I guess.  I order a lot from BPS online.  Everything from soft plastics to crossbows.  Never had an issue and usually have it delivered to my door within 5 business days.  Pricing is as good as any local shop and when you figure in exchange and the time and gas it takes me to go to the BPS in Vaughan it is the same or less money to order it form the USA. And free shipping. 

Returns are not an issue as they can be taken back to retail outlet in Vaughan if needed.  I know that may be a bit of a haul for you Mike, but for future reference it is an option.

Offline MoneyMike

• Yakfisher
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 11:59:34 AM »
First I have had several garmin products with no issue sooooo... And I know I pull have taken back to Vaughn but you are right Johnny it is a haul.  Part of the reason it took so long take back was I was hoping yo have an excuse to take back in person.

Offline Mtmouse

• Yakfisher
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 12:07:34 PM »
Pricing is as good as any local shop

I won't argue that... but that's why I would use a local shop over them.

It's nice to go into BPS and look around, it's convenient to have a wide variety in one place, but I rarely purchase from them.

We have an advantage down here...we can just run across the border and have a number of stores to choose from. I personally like Gander Mountains pricing better.   

Offline Rockin_Johny

• Yakmaster
  • Hobie PA14
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 12:14:57 PM »
I do but a lot of time local shops are limited on sizes or colours etc.  So online is my cross border shopping

Offline Mtmouse

• Yakfisher
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 01:07:44 PM »
I do but a lot of time local shops are limited on sizes or colours etc.  So online is my cross border shopping

:D

Offline MoneyMike

• Yakfisher
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 12:19:13 PM »
Just thought I would update my adventure with bps.  The original fish finder I bought has been discontinued so they contacted me and asked me to choose another model.  I informed them that the transducer mount I also bought would have to be returned then also.  However when I went to choose a new model I saw that this years model had been released and that it used the same transducer.  My new fish finder should arrive in the next two weeks:). So other than a ridiculous amount of time to get shipped from Lasalle to the states I am happy with the service.

Offline Rockin_Johny

• Yakmaster
  • Hobie PA14
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2016, 01:03:12 PM »
Glad to hear all worked out for you Mike. 

yakfishing