yakfishing

Author Topic: Nalgene guarantee  (Read 1200 times)

Offline Bellybuster

• Old Salt
  • Hobie Revo13, Hobie Quest, Tarpon 140, Tarpon100,
    • My web page
Nalgene guarantee
« on: June 03, 2010, 06:51:18 AM »
Just received an email from Nalgene, I have a few of their bottles and 1 of them has broken around the threads.
  Anyway....they asked me to send them a photo and they are sending me a replacement bottle free of charge.
   hard to find a solid guarantee these days
   Figured I'd put this up here as I have already tossed one in the garbage a couple years ago...hindsight

Offline The Red Rocket

• Yakfisher Armada
  • Old Salt
  • Don - Hobie Outback - Toronto
Re: Nalgene guarantee
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 07:16:53 AM »
Bob, doesn't Nalgene have that bad stuff in it - bfd or something like that?

Offline Dieter

• Yakmaster
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 08:10:47 PM »
The new ones are BPA free and I agree they have great customer service, I have contacted them to try and find the hydration packs and they put me in direct contact with their local distributor to get me one. The nalgene hydration packs have outer threads like a bottle so they connect right to my water purifier and the camel pack ones have an iner thread and dont.

Offline Slowride

• Yakmaster
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 08:54:30 PM »
Most people are going with the stainless steel water bottles.  They took the BPA out of the plastic but what did they replace it with.  Of course we are all getting our milk out of the same old plastic jugs, cokes out of the plastic bottles, food out of plastic bowls.  Are you getting your daily allowance of BPA if not I'm sure your vitamins are still in the same old plastic bottle too. 

Offline Dieter

• Yakmaster
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 10:55:26 PM »
I had used those old containers for years and I feel fine.

Offline rrdstarr

• Yakfisher
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 04:15:44 AM »
Just received an email from Nalgene, I have a few of their bottles and 1 of them has broken around the threads.
  Anyway....they asked me to send them a photo and they are sending me a replacement bottle free of charge.
   hard to find a solid guarantee these days
   Figured I'd put this up here as I have already tossed one in the garbage a couple years ago...hindsight

I managed to strip the threads on a 500ml bottle ten years ago and they sent me a new one!  Salesman at REI told me about their warranty.

yakfishing