You know I've never really warmed up to the crazy contraptions I've seen built out of ABS/PVC pipe for kayak fishing ...but I needed to come up with something. I didn't want to drill anymore holes. I wanted it to be as unobtrusive as possible, functional and still be able to fit my crate back their. I puzzled over this for many nights over the summer and finally came up with something. I did the finishing touches last night and took it out for a trial run this morning.
I was able to salvage one of the built-in rod holders which was a bonus.
Here it is by itself.
Here it is with the crate.
Here's the rigger and rod in action.
Here's what I see while fishing.
Feeding line out.
It breaks down to two pieces. The two pieces are held together by a heavy bungie. The bungie passes through all the components, that way if anything ever does let go I won't lose anything.
The rod and rigger positions were bang on, I couldn't be happier. I didn't have any issues with tracking with the rigger out to the side, although it took quite a bit more effort than I expected, but that might have had something to do with my flea issues (see other thread).